Tuesday, June 18, 2013

See the thing is.....


I have nothing interesting to write. Like at all. Anybody want to hear how my house is a mess and I am still exhausted even though the baby is sleeping like a champ? How about my very interesting laundry situation I like to call "throw it all in a pile on the treadmill and pretend it doesn't exist".   Very well I shall continue with more boring updates of mediocre mothering! We adopted a very sweet dog. His name is "Jack" or "dack" if you ask Ethan. I grew up with mutt dogs,and never really understood people who were loyal to one specific breed. Now? I am a border collie fan FOR LIFE! Good grief y'all this is one AWESOME dog. I am not even playing. He is so cool you just won't believe it. Its like he knows what your talking about. It is like finally having another adult in the house! I can tell him which toy to go get and he will get the exact toy  every time. Now, I realize that may not sound like much to you, but you have to understand that I grew up with one of the dumbest dogs in the universe. And I really do mean that in the meanest way possible. DUMB. Brandy for no particular reason at all decided that all hats were evil and anybody who wore hats,was equally suspicious. Brandy was the dog who decided that my very sweet grandmother was a terrorist in disguise, and anybody who looked like my grandma must also receive the treatment reserved only for the worst of criminals. I miss that dumb dog...sometimes. Don't tell anybody. The cat was  slightly less enthused about Jack than we were. However she  is coming along nicely and hasn't thrown any tantrums in a while. Did I mention that we also have a cat? I am almost the only one in my family to have a cat. My family are dog people (If you are going to have a dog they think schnauzers are best). Also I think my father may have questioned my moral fiber when I told him we were adopting a cat. Then again I try not to listen to him much ( he was brandy's favorite human you know, and  I think that's a little suspicious.) SO anyway Jack is awesome and we are so grateful that we have him (we re homed from my lovely cousin's family).


Photo: 2013-06-12_10-12-43_579
Aint they sweet?





So things continue at a breakneck pace here in the Savage household. The Hubbinator is still in school and working very hard for stuff like food,electricity and pleasing his Marie Antoinette of a wife.He enjoys terrorizing me on weekends with home improvement projects. Hubbinator also got promoted a while back and we are so stinking proud of him. Whenever he has a bad day I say really encouraging things like " Well that stinks but at least nobody pooped on you today" "O whats that you say? Had a bad day? Well did you get chocolate milk vomit down your shirt?  " At least nobody stole your bracelet, ripped it apart, and shot the beads out of their nose rocket- style." Because I am a good encouraging wife like that.  Well this post is going to have to be a quick on account of all three kids are sleeping AT THE SAME TIME and I have knitting very important housework to attend to. Ahem. Take care y'all and just so you know comments are my love language.


5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much S. D. Denny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look so forward to your blog posts, and you did not disappoint! I knew we would get to know Jack better this time! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Susan! I am glad you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to release penned up frustration. Love it. Maybe a book in the future. Just sayin!

    ReplyDelete